browsing the books of the North

Have just been perusing Charles Bernstein's notable books list. Not one Australian and only one New Zealander. Why doesn't that surprise me? (Take that any way you wish.)

But the list is worth a browse, for sure. I have a couple of the books, whilst many of the others you're highly unlikely to ever see in an Australian bookshop, apart from Collected Works in Melbourne. Next time I'm in Melbourne (late July it looks like) I will make my usual visit to Kris and Retta. Otherwise, it's the online trawl for US and UK small publishers who accept electronic payment. Don't talk to me about bank cheques, it's too ugly and expensive an idea to contemplate.

Comments

Popular Posts

vale Jackson Mac Low 1922-2004

Questions, but no answers: while editing a manuscript

here and now